Class and representative wage and hour lawsuits continue to plague employers across the country. The costs and risks associated with prolonged litigation often means early settlement is the best course for both employers and employees. Because of the unique nature of class and representative action settlements, it is crucial for employment litigators and in-house counsel to be well versed with the various aspects of class and representative action settlements, including calculating potential exposure and ensuring court approval.
Key issues that will be covered in this course are:
- Handling and Preparing for the Initial Investigation Once a Class or Representative Action Has Been Filed
- Assessing Exposure With or Without an Expert
- Resolving Wage and Hour Actions Through Settlement
- Negotiating Settlements
- Getting Class and Representative Settlements Approved
- Making Sure Your Wage and Hour Class Action Settlement Gets Approved by The Court
- Best Strategies for Avoiding Wage and Hour Actions
- Analysis of Recent Cases and Trends
Wage and Hour Class Action Settlements: Calculating Damages and Ensuring Court Approval LIVE Webcast
Featured Speakers from Ballard Rosenberg Golper & Savitt:
Rami A. Yomtov & David J. Fishman
Click Here to Register!