Nicole K. Haynes, Associate
Offices: Charlotte, NC
Admitted to Practice:
- North Carolina
Nicole is an associate in the firm’s Charlotte office, and practices exclusively in the area of labor and employment law on behalf of management. She provides counsel to employers in matters such as employment and labor policies, human resources decisions, discrimination and retaliation charges, and compliance with state and federal employment and labor laws.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicole worked as a family law attorney where she gained experience in litigation, negotiations, and immigration matters. In her spare time, Nicole acts as a volunteer bar exam tutor and has coached moot court teams for the Robert F. Wagner Labor and Employment Law Competition.
Nicole represents employers throughout the United States in matters such as:
- Employment and labor policies;
- Discrimination and retaliation charges;
- Layoffs, restructurings, employee terminations, and other sensitive human resources matters; and
- Compliance with state and federal employment and labor laws.
- North Carolina
B.A., Psychology, University of Wyoming (2010)
J.D., magna cum laude, Charlotte School of Law (2014)
- Charlotte Law Review, Senior Articles Editor
- Moot Court Honor Board, Executive Board
- Employment Law Certificate Program
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Order of the Crown
- Outstanding Legal Writing; National Order of Scribes
- Quarter-finalist, Robert F. Wagner Employment Law Moot Court Competition
- CALI Award in Civil Procedure I, Decedent’s Estates, and Advanced Problems in Practice: Employment Law
- Labor and Employment Law Section – North Carolina Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Law Section – Mecklenburg County Bar