Shant Kotchounian, Associate
Office: Encino, CA
Admitted to Practice:
Shant practices exclusively in the area of employment law on behalf of management. He has successfully defended both private and public employers against allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination in violation of public policy, failure to prevent discrimination, and defamation. In advising clients, Shant strongly emphasizes implementing practices to limit exposure and proactively avoid litigation.
Shant’s experience includes:
- Representing private and public employers and employees in all stages of litigation;
- Counseling clients to ensure legal compliance with respect to employee hiring, training, performance counseling, discipline, and terminations;
- Wide-ranging pretrial, trials, and mediations;
- Defending single and multiple plaintiff discrimination, retaliation and harassment cases; and
- Obtaining summary judgment dismissals of multiple lawsuits.
B.A., International Studies, Communication (Minor in History), Pepperdine University (2001)
J.D., Southwestern School of Law (2004)
- Southern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers (2009-10)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Armenian Bar Association