Zareh A. Jaltorossian, Senior Counsel
Office: Encino, CA
Admitted to Practice:
Zareh is certified as a specialist in appellate law by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. Zareh’s practice focuses on appeals in employment litigation, including class actions. Zareh has handled and argued dozens of appeals in both state and federal courts. He also works closely with trial attorneys to advise them about record protection and other procedural issues to maximize the chances of prevailing on appeal. He has extensive experience both in bringing and opposing post-trial motions, including motions for attorney fees.
In addition to his appellate practice, Zareh has broad experience as a business and class action litigator.
When he’s not practicing law, Zareh enjoys reading, watching boxing, listening to music, and chasing after, and being chased by, his two toddlers.
Zareh began his career as a business litigation associate at Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton and subsequently spent over 10 years as a member of the appellate group at Reed Smith. During law school, he externed for Judge Harry Pregerson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He also externed for United States District Court Judge Dean Pregerson.
Supreme Court of the United States
United States Courts of Appeals:
- Ninth Circuit
United States District Courts:
- Central District of California
B.A., Philosophy and Political Science, summa cum laude, University of California, Los Angeles (1996)
- Phi Beta Kappa
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law (1999)
- California Supreme Court To Decide Borrowers’ Standing to Challenge Mortgage Loan Assignments, ABTL Report, Vol. XXXIV, No. 4, (Fall 2015/Winter 2016)
- Are You Sure That Final Judgment Is Final? Los Angeles Daily Journal (March 2012)
- Navigating The Shores Of Invited Error, Los Angeles Daily Journal (March 2012)
- Safeguarding an appeal against the pitfall of mootness, San Francisco Daily Journal (February 2012)
- Denial of Class Certification: Preserving to Right to Appeal, Los Angeles Daily Journal (February 16, 2010)
- An Appealing Approach to Deadline Filing, Daily Journal (October 6, 2008)
- Appellate Practice, Ground Rules, Los Angeles Daily Journal (February 15, 2008)
- Objections to Evidence, Los Angeles Daily Journal (November 29, 2007)
- Strict Compliance, Los Angeles Daily Journal (May 1, 2007)
- Losing Summary Judgments, Los Angeles Daily Journal (December 14, 2006)
- The Dynamics of Appellate Oral Argument, Certworthy (Summer 2006)
- Three Reasons for Thinking Twice Before Filing a Frivolous Appeal, Orange County Lawyer (April 2006)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Appellate Courts Section