When buying/selling a business and/or significant business assets, or when transferring operational control and management of a business, employers and investors must navigate compliance with numerous employment and labor laws. Our attorneys advise clients regarding potential strategies and prepare agreements to address the purchase and sale, third party management, and other matters including:
- alteration, assumption, or rejection of collective bargaining agreements and employment contracts;
- altering or maintaining wage and benefit packages;
- hiring and termination requirements;
- indemnification and responsibility of parties for pre- and post-transaction claims;
- multi-employer pension fund obligations, including potential for withdrawal liability;
- payout or transfer of accrued paid time off; and
- state and federal WARN obligations.