Alexis Cirkinyan, Associate
Admitted to Practice:
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Employer Advice and Problem Solving
- Employment Litigation
- Government Agency Investigations
Alexis has represented and advised private and public employers in all stages of litigation from initial responsive pleading to ultimate resolution in federal and state courts and on appeal in labor and employment matters for more than 20 years.
She has defended employers in cases involving the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, Title VII, the American with Disabilities Act, Whistleblower actions, Constitutional violations, and the Government Tort Claims Act. Alexis also represents employers before government agencies such as the DFEH and EEOC.
Prior to joining Ballard, Rosenberg, Golper, & Savitt, Alexis was a partner with the Los Angeles firm of Kessel & Associates. She is fluent in Greek, Armenian, and Turkish, with a limited knowledge of French.
- Defends and advises private and public entities in all stages of litigation from initial responsive pleading to ultimate resolution in federal and state courts and on appeal in labor and employment matters; constitutional, statutory and regulatory violations; and government tort claims;
- Represents clients at mediations, arbitrations, and settlement conferences;
- Advises board of supervisors, claims board, and city councils in closed session regarding pending litigation and settlements;
- Represents and defends clients before government and regulatory agencies such as DFEH and EEOC; and
- Conducts confidential investigations and advises clients on labor and employment law issues
State Bar of California
United States District Courts:
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
B.A., Political Science, Loyola Marymount University (1994)
J.D., Loyola Law School (1997)
Los Angeles County Bar Association