Stephanie B. Kantor, Senior Counsel
Office: Encino, CA
Admitted to Practice:
Stephanie practices exclusively in the area of labor and employment law on behalf of management. She represents both public and private sector employers in litigating the entire spectrum of employment litigation matters, including wage and hour matters. She also represents employers in government agency investigations and advises employers concerning all matters pertaining to the employment relationship.
She was selected to the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Southern California Rising Stars list for excellence in the practice of law. She is fluent in Spanish and Hebrew, with oral fluency in Farsi.
Stephanie assists and advises employers concerning all matters pertaining to the employment relationship, and in litigating the entire spectrum of employment matters, on both an individual or class action basis or during government agency investigations, including:
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims;
- Wrongful termination;
- Contract violation claims;
- Negligent hiring and retention claims;
- Defamation, interference with prospective economic relations and other tort claims;
- Hours worked, records compliance, meal, rest, and other employee break entitlements;
- Overtime premium calculations, obligations, and exemptions; and
- Other alleged violations of federal, state, and local laws.
Recent Favorable Outcomes
- Obtained dismissal of entire action by Los Angeles Superior Court on demurrer to complaint of civil rights violations, violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Civil Code §§ 51 et seq and 52.1, and sexual harassment.
- Obtained summary judgment from Los Angeles Superior Court on claims of wrongful termination, race discrimination and harassment, and retaliation for complaining of discrimination.
- Obtained summary judgment from U.S. District Court for the Central District of California on claims of failure to reasonably accommodate employee’s disability, failure to engage in the interactive process, wrongful termination, disability discrimination, and retaliation.
- Obtained summary judgment from Sacramento Superior Court on claims of sexual harassment, wrongful termination for making harassment and health and safety complaints, and interference with prospective economic relations.
- Obtained dismissal of entire action by Los Angeles Superior Court on demurrer to complaint of harassment on the basis of sexual orientation, negligent supervision, intentional infliction of emotional distress, disability discrimination, failure to accommodate disability, failure to engage in the interactive process, failure to take reasonable steps to prevent discrimination and harassment, and wrongful termination and retaliation.
United States District Court:
- Central District of California
B.A., summa cum laude, History/English, University of California Los Angeles (2007)
J.D., New York University School of Law (2010)
- Southern California Rising Star, Super Lawyers (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Phi Beta Kappa, UCLA
- Robert McKay Scholar, NYU Law (Top 25% of class)
- Research Assistant for Professor Robert Rabin
- Staff Development Editor for Review of Law and Social Change
- President of Jewish Law Students Association
- Labor and Employment Law Section – Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel